Saturday, February 13, 2010

Men's 1500 m - Heats - Results


J.R. just competed in his vary first Olympic game... and I'd say, he was quite successful. There were some 36 athletes competing to make it into the semi-finals. Our dear friend got -- 2nd place in rank overall. While it I know that preliminaries aren't the best representations of an athlete, in JR's case, I would guess that is was crucial.

I'm not saying I know, how could I, but it would seem like this to me.

He just got the gash some 5 or so months ago. Huge gash on his leg, and has been recovering quickly, but in time for the Olympics? Yes. He thought so. But it seems like this would be the way for him to prove to himself how capable he was.

So, if you look at the chart below, out of all the skaters he got second. The one person ahead of him is the dude from Korea, and he is the guy with the Olympic record for this event. Not bad. You can see Apolo Ohno is pretty far down, but that's no worry for America. That guy knows his capabilities. He knows what he can do and he didn't need to get his moral up.

Go JR! You did it! You made it through the first heat and it's time for you to move on. We'll be cheering for you all the way.


[click to make larger]

No comments:

Post a Comment