Sunday, February 14, 2010

Run the Good Race


1 Corinthians 9:24
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

God is who we can rely on for our strength, power, courage, and peace. There are so many tasks that seem near impossible - like skating in the Olympics just a short time after getting a huge gash in your leg, or even getting an endless mound of homework done - but through God, well, anything is possible. I'm not saying anything we want is impossible, but whatever is in his will. A lot of times we try and get through this life relying on our own strength. I've tried it, didn't get me far. Relying on the strength of my heavenly father, someone I know I can trust.

We know God has a plan for our lives. He knows exactly what will happen and it is all according to his will. Gold medal? Bronze? No medal? God has it planned for his own good. In that, we can find our peace.

The peace of God, what a concept. What an amazing thing. The Bible says it transcends all understanding - it's beyond anything we can imagine on this earth. It isn't the peace found in yoga or colours, it's God's peace, and that's something I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment